Thursday, September 4, 2008

Day two of mural design.

You'll be working in your groups all period today, on your mural design.

DON'T FORGET: By the end of the period today, you should have a design saved in geogebra, and a written description emailed to me.

The grading rubric can be viewed here: http://drop.io/mathmural. It's the file called "prelimdesign."

I've made a list of the things you need to include in your design here: http://akinnthsgeometry.backpackit.com/pub/1575142.

HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO TURN IN TODAY!

Design:
1. If you gave me a file last time, let me know and I will give it to you. I have it on my USB drive.
2. If you don't already have a "geogebra" icon on your desktop, go to www.geogebra.org. Click "start geogebra," then "geogebra webstart." Then click "OK" or "yes" or "run" to anything it pops up, until you have a geogebra window open.
3. Work on your design. If you need help with geogebra, ask me.
4. By the end of the period, save your work to a filename that includes your period and group number. Copy it to my directory. Open "my computer," then the "S:" drive, then "NTHS," then "Shared," then "Students." Drag your file onto the "Holland Drop Box" folder. Check with me to see if it copied successfully.

Description:
1. You'll need to, AS A GROUP, write at least 1-2 paragraphs fully describing your design and how it uses the geometric transformations and other required elements.
2. By the end of the period, email your description TO ME at christina.holland@akinsnths.austinisd.org. Include your period and group number in the subject line of the email.

No comments: